Conditions of Contract and limit of liability are accordingf to IATA rules and regulations.
Click on the link for Conditions of Contract [IATA Resolution 600B]
International rules and time limits on claims are on reverse side of the Air Waybill. The shipper´s attention is referred to the notice concerning carrier´s limitation of liability of 19 SDR per kilogram of each shipment or the package concerned. Recommendation to shippers is to insure their shipments bearing this in mind. Icelandair Cargo reserve the right to deny acceptance of a shipment for transport which is not packed in accordance with the content and to deny any claim on damages due to insufficient packing or lack of markings.
Time limits on claims
Every complaint or claims must be made in writing within the following time limits:
- 14 days for damages to cargo
- 21 days for delays in transportation
- 120 days for loss of shipment
The following documents and information must be enclosed with the claim
- Copy of the Air Waybill
- Copy of the invoice with reference to the amount of the cargo concerned
- Description of the extent of damage and weight of the cargo or content concerned
- When and to whom the complaint was originally reported
- Claim amount
- Bank information
Complaint and claims should be forwarded to: